Naomi Kutin claimed the astonishing achievement after squatting 15st — the same weight as Mike Tyson in his prime — despite weighing just 6.6st herself.The 4ft 8in year six pupil has been dubbed "Supergirl" by astonished powerlifters.And Naomi said: "A lot of my friends and all of my teachers didn't believe me when I said I had broken the world record.

"It was only when I brought in my medal and certificate that they did.
"Everyone thought it was really cool.
"It's great being stronger than everyone I know.
"I'm always beating the boys in sports at school."
And her proud dad Ed, from New Jersey, US, said: "Naomi has always jumped higher and done more push-ups than other kids her age, even the boys.
"But beneath it all she is just a normal, shy ten-year-old with an extraordinary talent.
"She went out there, took her chance and won the right to be a world record holder."
Naomi — who was nine when she broke her first world record — has legions of fans around the world who track her progress on the internet.
Many of them were present to witness the moment she reclaimed the record taken from her by 44-year-old Ana Geitner, at the RAW Unity event held in Texas in January 2012, breaking her second record.
Ed, who works in finance, said: "Naomi was surrounded by burly men who would be deemed heavy weights, but she wasn't fazed.

"She was competing against the world's best but she easily drew the biggest crowd.
"And there was Naomi, an average ten-year-old stood among these towering and bulky guys waiting her turn.
"It was quite a sight.
"As soon as she landed that lift, and everyone knew she had broken the record, a roar of applause and cheering broke out."
Astonishingly, Naomi does not intend on stopping there — she wants to break her own record in a bid to preserve her status as the best powerlifter in her weight division.
Naomi said: "If someone breaks the record then I will definitely try and get it back.
"Even if nobody breaks it I will keep trying to get personal bests."
Her mum Neshama, 48, said: "Naomi proves that if you put your mind to something and focus on your goal, anything is possible.
"Other children may be brilliant singers or dancers, but Naomi just happens to be an excellent power lifter."
Comments
Post a Comment